seeking you..

Day programs me to work,
Night sets my soul free
Like a child’s whirligig
it spins in your baffling world of
waning tranquility, hidden truths.
Catches your shadows, and meanders
in alleys of eternal wander- hood.

Untouched,
the quest heads off for a rest
some distant mountain peaks,
snow-capped, I’ve traveled eleven thousand miles.
the music of this night,
the crickets’ squeak,
this constant brawl among the stars,
all are melting
in your silence.


sometimes our instinct grows so strong
that the sky ruptures,
sea folds up and the world shrinks into
a soft cotton ball…
tattered, blaring, inviting a revolution,
a thunderstorm.
To watch half the truth is a disgrace
to the truth itself.
Little light, little peace, little dreams, little knowledge,

Like an island, like a rover, like a small city
in itself, I know it’s the time
to step out of this cocoon, out of these shielded
walls of care and love, this house,
its so many knots, these faces,
these so many voices. It’s the moment
To travel
To search
the reason, the cause
Curtain falls,
Everything dismantled,
Where’re you?
Did you say anything?
Did I hear something?

In shades and in pains,
playing these age-old games,
they seek pleasure
in the silhouettes of a secured morrow
They fling open the curtains
surmounting their fears and sorrows,
They live with their incomplete stories,
The earth constantly spinning below their feet,
It’s symbolic, this turn.

Let me stay awake,
clumsily gazing your moon,
following the track of your stars,
watching surreptitiously
the sleeping flowers.
I’ve forgotten the way
I used to clap and jump,
I used to sing and play.
What is left is
an unending silence,
two unblinking eyes
a pale face, expressionless.

And many nights
would be like this,
I will wait for your rain
I will wait for your music
but the wait would end in vain.

your silence may work over my soul, tonight as well
but tell me, how long will you make me wait?
How long?

Comments

rahul s said…
yes...dreams always end leaving the suspense behind..thats too frustrating at times... but moments just after we are out from dream gives such an expressionless feeling in us that make us think we are still living in our dreams...
n yea ...ure question of how long? can be answered only by time itself..and we have no other options..even dreams will lead us to only partial solutions..


...........
hey me havin a busy time dese days ..difficult to get my blogs moving n do my work along with it...do u have any sorta solution for that? eh...n i trien to find to get an equation for it.
HaRy!! said…
first time here...hmm ya dreams are always untold ...
Anyways..yu hav carved the writing so well and wonder where yu get these words!...blogrolled yu will keep visitin :)

H a R y
since you happen to be such an ardent music lover here is something you might like to read...

http://achalrangaswamy.blogspot.com/2009/07/mohammed-rafi-tu-bahut-yaad-aaya.html

Popular posts from this blog

after the piano rondevu

after a call and a letter

too quiet, too serene, why aren't all moments like this:)